Monday, October 29, 2007

Halloween Preparations Begin

We LOVE carving pumpkins in our family! Ok really, I love it the most and Ryan humors me and Hailey just thinks they look cool but doesn't want to actually touch the pumpkin guts. It took a lot just to get her to barely touch our big pile of guts to pick seeds out.

This year we decided we needed three pumpkins. The one that we got from Windmill Farms for Hailey and then Ryan and I each picked one out at the grocery store. Ryan did most of the "gutting" of the pumpkins and then I did the carving. I got a little possesive actually. He might have enjoyed carving a pumpkin himself, but I sent him off with the kids so that I could get to work!
Then we realized that Katelyn didn't have a pumpkin, so we decided she should BE a pumpkin. Ryan's idea, not mine! But it is kind of cute :-)

After three hours, (yes, I spent three hours and wish that I could have spent more to get them just the way I wanted them!) this was our finished product. The perfectionist in me isn't really satisfied, but at some point you have to just call it a night and get some sleep!

4 comments:

Toni said...

Cute Pumpkins! I love the look on Katelyn's face. I'm sure she's thinking "eeeewwwww". I totally get the possessive carving thing. I totally carved our pumpkins too!

Amie said...

ooh...they look good, Lindsay!

Natalie said...

So cute! I miss carving pumpkins. I just haven't been up for it the past couple of years! You've inspired me! :D

Amie said...

Lindsay, for Sup-Sat they did FHE board, name boards, "be" boards, simplify magnetic boards, head bands out of men's ties, and cookie mix jars. Lotsa options. =)