Sunday, May 4, 2008

Twilight

For those of you who don't already know this about me (in case there are any of you out there...), I am a very big fan of the Twilight series by Stephenie Meyer. Now I'm not a hardcore Twilight fan, but a fan nonetheless. At least fan enough to be reading the books for a second time in anticipation of book four- Breaking Dawn, which comes out in August (and, yes, mine has been pre-ordered). And at least a big enough fan to have checked www.stepheniemeyer.com on a very regular basis to watch for updates. And at least a big enough fan to have seen all of the mtv.com videos about the movie Twilight coming out in December.

But in my Twilight wonderings online, I have run into some Twilight fans that are FAR beyond the norm. I recently saw an "official" Bella braclet that had a crystal heart and a wolf head that cost $90. Really? Are you kidding? And would anyone really wear that? The T-shirts and baby bibs and all that are one thing...but $90 for a bracelt with a wolf head? Anyone who hadn't read the books would think you were insane- although even if you had read the books and wore that I would think that you were insane. Maybe it's just because I'm not a Jacob fan...

Anywho, for the benefit of anyone who hasn't already seen these videos, or at least for my mom's sake (I finally got her to read the books!), here is a video from the MTV.com Twilight video site. This isn't my favorite of the videos, but it's the only one that would load directly to this post. Go to http://www.mtv.com/overdrive/?id=1585900&vid=226476 (sorry it wouldn't create the hyperlink for me) to see all of the videos. The first one "we killin some people today" is the best and my most recommended if you're only going to watch one.



I will admit that because I am such a fan of these books, I'm really concerned that the movie will suck, that's what everyone who hasn't read the books will see and the whole series will be put to shame by this one movie. So I really hope that instead, this movie is really well made and creates quite the buzz and they continue to make movies for each book. Although I hate that I would have to wait that long

4 comments:

Natalie said...

I hope the movie is well made because I'm pretty much convinced at this point that it's going to suck. The vampires are supposed to be gorgeous! Those people are just ridiculous choices. Edward looks like Cedric from Harry Potter's corpse. Oh wait a minute! He is! Does Amie have you on the Twilight email list?

Natalie said...

OH! I almost forgot! I hate Jacob too. I don't understand anyone that thinks he's great. He's just a pain. I'm just not a dog person, I guess. :D

Amie said...

LOL, I'll add you to my list if you like. I have several other sites I check online every day and there's bazillions more stuff than gets posted on SM's website. Steph says the movie is going to be great, so I have faith. You've seen the preview, right? I think Rob Pattinson/Edward's gonna do just fine!

Amie said...

PS i don't have your email address