Friday, March 28, 2008

I l-o-v-e IKEA!


So I'm in Phoenix this weekend and today took a little trip to IKEA- one of my very favorite places. I got to go roam around for a couple of hours with actual money to spend! (Thank you Uncle Sam for giving me my $$ back and making this trip possible!)

My goal over the next month is to get my bedroom decorated into the romantic get-a-way I've been wanting since we bought the house 2 years ago! I've run into several road blocks on getting this done sooner: lack of funds, spending $$ in the more visible rooms of the house, TIME, and then just not knowing exactlly what I've wanted to do (Ryan doesn't really care what I do. He trusts me with whatever I do, isn't that great?!)

I'm now at a place where I've worked many of these things out...I've got a little bit of cash (although I'm still super budget conscience), I've made my room my biggest decorating priority, I've got my friend Hilary on the project of helping me plan things out (she's even going to bed at night thinking about ideas- she's so committed!) and I'm just going to make the time- no matter what!!

So getting back to today, I bought a really cool canvas photograph from IKEA that perfectly matches my bedding. It's 3ft x 4ft and will look great over my bed. I also got a nice mirror and floating shelves that I can now buy accessories for. And Hilary is on the hunt to help me find the curtains I want. Once we find the right color of curtains- I can get the right paint colors and get some color on the wall! My room is seriously a big ugly white blank canvas with zero decor- so I'm really excited about this- if you can't tell!

(It's more blue than grey in real life.)


I'll post pictures of our projects and progress as we go!

5 comments:

Renae said...

Sounds fun! I love decorating!

Natalie said...

I love it! Can't wait to see pictures!

Dawn said...

I l-o-v-e a good decorating project. There's not a room that isn't painted! Can't wait to see the progress!

Mindy said...

I'm in the same vote as you! Our room is so boring and white. Oh well! Someday, I'll get to it. Maybe I just need to go to Ikea for some inspiration since I've never been there.

Amie said...

I've still never been to IKEA! Good luck with your room. Mine is so blah too!