Thursday, March 20, 2008

New Addition to Our Family

So a week ago today we bought a piano. No one in our family currently plays the piano, but Hailey is learning and because Ryan gets to take her to her lessons, he is learning in the process. I'm totally jealous! I can't say that I've always wanted to learn, but now that I have a piano I REALLY want to learn! Ryan wants real lessons as well, but unfortunately we can't afford for all of us to be taking lessons at the same time. So we bought a teach yourself book and we'll see how that goes.


I'm a visual learner and do so much better with someone showing me how to do it. Example: I have had a sewing machine for 2 years that has only been used once- when Ryan's mom borrowed it. I have no idea how to use a sewing machine. I would love to use it, but I absolutely hate the idea of having to get the book out and teach myself. I want someone to show me how to do it and then I know that I'll do great with it.


So if someone is looking for a service project- teach me how to use my sewing machine! And if someone wants a really big service project- teach me how to play the piano!! :-)
Isn't she cute?

5 comments:

Renae said...

Hailey's hair looks so good! Did your aunt cut it?

Amie said...

what a beautiful piano!! Good luck! You can teach yourself, it just takes time. I did it. =)

Lindsay said...

My Aunt Jenny did cut her hair! I really like it, but now I want to cut it in the same style, but a little shorter even.

Amie- I'm really impressed that you taught yourself- you play so well! How long have you been playing?

Dawn said...

I will show you how to use your sewing machine!! I just bought a serger and I am IN LOVE! It's the greatest. Meg's taking piano lessons, she's pretty good already. I got one cheap and just had it tuned, then I painted it. Glad to to see you've resurfaced, come over and see what we've been up to...

Call family said...

I can show you too Sewing is way fun but watch out it gets really addicting and before you know it you'll be sewing everything!
Are you still working with wells?